In the fall of 2009 I was very ill and had 2 surgeries within 2 weeks. I was basically bed ridden for most of the fall. A very wise Urologist Doctor knew there was something seriously wrong with me and started me on my journey of specialists. I did go back to work eventually but I struggled with my health. During this time we bought a retirement home back where I grew up. We had it rented and we had a 5 year plan for retiring. Then the bomb dropped. That was the dreaded time I found out I had Sjögren's Syndrome and other autoimmune diseases.....INCURABLE! Whoa at least I knew why I was so sick for the past 7 -8 years. So after almost 11 years of working for the accounting firm I resigned and moved to our retirement home to heal.
During this time in bed I decided to venture into the world of Facebook. Why not I was a Director of IT Services for a distinguished Accounting firm. We had a Facebook page. I really blame it on Marie she worked with me. She and her sister got me started playing Mafia Wars. Then I really started making friends of friends and my friend list grew. All of a sudden someone invited me to join Castle Age. Yikes if I had only known......I wonder if I still would of joined Castle Age aka CA.
So why do I love Facebook?
- You can be friends without worry that it interferes with your job performance or someone will tell your bosses your thoughts.
- There is always someone you know online and ready to I'M.
- I now have friends in almost every corner of the world and I am learning more about their countries and customs. I have also learned that some countries have a thicker skin and can say it like it is without worrying about hurting feelings.
- I have made many Spiritual friends and we support each other with prayers and healing.
- We share our lives and we encourage each other.
- I have found many people and groups with medical issues like mine and some much worse but we all support each other with information, prayers and support.
- I can connect with all my sewing friends and we share clothing design ideas, design troubles, pictures, etc.
- I get to see what my children and their friends are up to. Yes I know they don't really want me to comment on their profile pages. I send private messages instead. And I only check occasionally. I'd rather talk to them.
- If you remember earlier I said I was a Director of IT Services well my gift my whole life has been managing people. I am strategic and a mentor. So admin'ing for our CA team filled the void of no longer working. I get to organize and mentor people everyday. It is very rewarding to watch them grow up to be better players.
- Competitiveness. Yep guess you better add that to my personality. The CA guild/festival wars take care of this part of me. I just wish the guild wars were 3 hours max not 5. And it covers strategic as well. I love planning how to win again people I can't talk to. I should of been a general.
- Organization...ah yes the lists and making things flow well. All satisfied by admin'ing CA team and Guild.
- Friends. Did I mention friends well it deserves another mention. Wow what great friends we laugh, complain, share our hurts and joys and encourage each other. Our friends and family are always so busy to see us. You have to make an appointment. My FB/CA friends I just have to log on and there they are.
Quote of the day:
“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.” - Author Unknown