Thursday, March 20, 2014

Living in A Fog - Catching Up


Something major happened to me recently and drove me back to my blog. Curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to see what I had written and how much if any my life had changed. I realized I haven't journaled in a few years. My life got busier, sewing costumes was filling my days, I felt better, and somehow the time just slide away into years. I was living in my happy fog. 

Professionally
The last 3 years I have been sewing costumes for entertainment, The Fireside Theatre and Feld Entertainment (Disney Live, Disney On Ice, Nuclear Cowboyz/Cowgirlz, and Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Baily Circus) as well as other locations. 

The great thing about this is the traveling, working small to medium blocks of time, meeting people from all over the world, and using my creative sewing skills. An added bonus is having plenty of time between jobs for rest and recovery. A great benefit from working is the new friends I have meet. One of them, Kayce, has been instrumental in my life during this last year or so.

Working though has wrecked random havoc on my eating patterns since during these sewing gigs getting to appropriate foods has been an issue. When I travel I have no car and eat what is available which 9 out of 10 times is fast food. Also most of the work we do is under time constraints thus it's easier to eat junk food during the long work days. I love my profession and it is by far the most rewarding time of my professional life but I need to figure out how to eat better during these times.

Personally
My daughter moved to WI to be closer to us, in 2012 I became a grandma and have an amazing grandson by my son Greg and his wonderful wife Miranda, and my husband will be retiring soon. I have spent my time not working reading a crazy amount of books on my addiction, the Color Nook HD+. Best thing about a Nook is you get to take it when you travel. Since I don't always have a car to go buy a book. I can order one at whim via the Nook. 

Recently I started writing reviews about the books I read because seriously everyone needs to read. I am on FaceBook only 5-35% of my time depending on whether I am working. I have an amazing life and am blessed.

Physically
Kayce and I joined Anytime Fitness so we could work out together. We both got FitBits and communicate everyday/week/month on our progress in eating and weight. Wednesday night is bowling with my BFF Kathy and Bear, my dog, walks me daily. 

Though I have been sleeping more, moving more, and eating better, my weight was not going down no matter what I was doing, in fact it was going up and down like a seesaw. I continued to look healthy, felt much better, and love my life. I still suffer from exhaustion, muscle weakness and somedays people touching me feels like they are massaging a bruise.

Medically
For the last almost 3 years after I was hospitalized as being Septic and beat the odds of 50% mortality I have managed to stay out of the hospital.  Only having minor medical issues like a cyst on my thyroid, 9 cavities in few months due to Sjögren’s Syndrome, stomach issues, shingles, and occasional bladder infections. Overall I am still weak and exhausted. 

When I discovered all the cavities in my mouth I had the dentists remove all old fillings and replace with a nontoxic porcelain component. Wow guess what my migraines decreased by 80%. Now I just need money to get rid of my 2 gold crowns.

Over these last years I have spent a lot of time talking to my son and daughter-in-law about eating correctly, sleeping more and exercising. Both of them are Chiropractors and were concerned about me not progressing in getting healthier. For me it is a frustration because I am gaining not losing and my hair started to fall out about the 1st of this year. I am so frustrated because I had revamped the foods I eat plus I was eating very healthy 80% of the time. I couldn't understand why I wasn't losing weight and feeling more energy. I am sure at some point they also didn't understand or thought possibly I wasn't eating better. But I have faith in being able to self heal and I have faith that there are resources out there to help me heal naturally. And even more important is how much better I am feeling today from the last time I blogged in 2011.

Tomorrow I'll update you on what happened to cause my "Great Awakening".

Smiles and love to all,
Teri

Quote for the day
"Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship." Buddha 


No comments:

Post a Comment